To determine your client-specific programme, a thorough Body Assessment is done.
This consists of a Posture Analysis and Body Testing.
- We start from the neck down to the shoulders and Thoracic spine to determine the position that the client holds their head and carries their shoulders.
- Moving down to the hips and Lumbar spine, these two have a direct effect on each other. The position of the pelvis will determine the position of the lower back.
- The position of the knees and ankles are assessed as well as the placement of the feet.
- Core strength
- Ab strength
- Strength and endurance of the Glutes
- Strength and endurance of the Hip Flexors and Quads
- Flexibility of the Hamstrings, Glutes, Quadriveps and Hip Flexors
- Arm strength
- Shoulder range and flexibility
- Shoulder stability
- Spinal range and flexibility
- Strength of the upper back extensions
- Ankle stability
- Hip stability
When determining a client’s programme, all these points need to be taken into account as some movements can be contra-indicated to your posture type or injury that you might have.
You are unique! Each client has a different posture and body type as well as level of strength and flexibility. Thus each client needs a specific programme to meet their specific needs. At Pilates Co. it is important to us that every class meets the client’s expectations and training needs.
Duration: 2 hours